FIESTAS, FESTIVITIES AND FEASTS!
Bring on the silly season! It's one of our favourite times of the year and the perfect excuse to treat ourselves and surround ourselves with our wonderful loved ones. Here are some of our favourite things to eat and do during the holidays.
1. Flower Making
Take the time to visit the flower markets and purchase your favourite blooms to make your own garland or wreath. Check out the lovely guys over at the Local Social for this DIY.
2. It isn't a Christmas without a Pavlova!
5 egg whites
1 1/3 C caster sugar
1 Tblsp of corn flour
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of white vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Draw a 24cm (diameter) circle on a sheet of baking paper. Place, pencil-side down, on a baking tray. Dust lightly with 1 teaspoon cornflour.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until thick and glossy. Add remaining 3 teaspoons cornflour with the last tablespoon of sugar. Fold through vanilla and vinegar.
3. Spoon meringue onto baking paper. Shape into a circle, using the pencil mark as a guide, with a slightly higher edge and a low centre. Reduce oven to 100°C. Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until dry and crisp. Turn off oven and open oven door. Cool completely in oven (pavlova may sink during cooling). This can take up to two hours.
4. Add cream and fruit of choice on top!
3. Fun in the Sun
Bask in the sun and soak up some rays, remember to be sun smart!
And stay cool with these:
4. Friends and family
Surround yourself with your loved ones and create new memories with your favourites!